Sunday, May 1, 2011

Papaya

Are you fruit conscious?  How often do you eat fruits, or drink fruit juice? Is papaya a fruit or vegetable?  Please send your reply to satisfy everybody. 

Meantime, let me tell you what I know about papaya.

Most papaya is pear sized, with central cavity filled with pea-size black seeds.  The flesh is melon-like texture, bland and sweet.  The juice has an enzyme called papain which is used as meat tenderizer.  Unripe papaya can be cooked or boiled.  Papaya is rich in vitamin A.




I was a teenager when I start to like eating cooked papaya.  My favorites are hot & spicy ginataan papaya with chicken wings and nilagang papaya with beef ribs.  There are more but these are my top two choices.

When eating fried dishes such as fried tiger prawns or chicken, bagnet and lechon, I prefer to have atcharang papaya.

Panghimagas after meal?  Try blended papaya with crush iced, honey and evaporated milk.

If you’re interested to get recipes for these, buzz me.  My adoring wife has plenty of simple-can-afford recipes that can guarantee you’ll have delicious and nutritious meal.

Additionally, papaya is easily grown nowadays and can be appreciated as décor for landscape; will bear fruits after 9 months and will last up to 2 years.  That’s plenty of papayas to enjoy eating and drinking.  And surely, you’re helping your pocket and there’s the assurance of continuous supply of fresh papaya.

I’ve got limited papaya plantlets available.

No comments:

Post a Comment